IS DIGITAL-SERVICEBOOK.COM VALID FOR ALL CAR BRANDS?
- Yes – All car manufacturers in the world are subject to the same warranty rules
- See more about warranty and legislation here
WHICH CAR BRANDS HAVE ELECTRONIC SERVICEBOOKS?
IS IT A REQUIREMENT THAT I USE AN “ORIGINAL” SERVICEBOOK?
- No – It is always the car owner who must be able to present documentation (which is not possible with an “original” servicebook)
- If you use an “original” servicebook, your customer must ALWAYS have extended documentation.
CAN THE CAR OWNER SEE THEIR SERVICEBOOK DATA?
- YES – it is ALWAYS the car owner who must document that service has been performed – both under warranty and purchase / sale of the car.
- The car owner gets automatic, direct access to data from the workshop that performs service.
CAN THE CAR MANUFACTURER SEE DOCUMENTATION?
Yes – The manufacturer always has access to documentation for service performed, in warranty cases.
WHAT ABOUT CARS WITH PAPER SERVICEBOOKS?
- The paper servicebook can be uploaded to Digital-Servicebook.com and in the future service can be added digitally.
- Watch this car BY92196
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO ADD A SERVICE?
- Under 1 minute
- Can be done manually via WEB / APP or directly via integration from the vast majority of IT systems used by the automotive industry.
- Watch a video here:
BENEFITS OF DIGITAL-SERVICEBOOK.COM?
- More time – save at least 10 minutes per service
- Give the customer access to data
- Keep the warranty
- Prevent ODOmeter cheating – Watch this car AK41895
- Only one service book for all cars.
WHICH COUNTRIES CAN USE DIGITAL-SERVICEBOOK?
- All countries – Digital-Servicebook.com is built on VIN number, so all cars from all over the world can use Digital-Servicebook
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF A MANUFACTURER REJECTS A WARRANTY CLAIM?
- To date, no warranty cases have been rejected – if a manufacturer ask questions or will reject a warranty case – just contact our support, who will then take over the dialogue with the manufacturer.
- And with the PRO solution, our legal team takes over and runs the case against the manufacturer.